1.The mountains are within walking distance 2. You can snowshoe in waist high powder and skate in a t-shirt in the same day 3. The grid system the roads are based on which makes it easy to navigate where you're going any place in Utah 4. SLC - which is a little BIG city where everything is close 5. Southern Utah - (Moah, Zions, Escalante)
"Surround yourself with those that make you do better than you do now"
Top Five Essential items for a skate session
1. Mason Brick 2. Box of Wax 3. Metal Sign 4. Backpacking shovel & broom 5. A wire bike lock
Top Five skaters who influence you
1. Dustin Latimer 2. Colin Kelso 3. WDYBI Josh Petty / Killerboots Brandon Campbell 4. Jon Julio 5. Casey Geraghty
Top Five Things Rollerblading Needs
1.Rollerbladers in positions of influence within their communities 2. Old schoolers to strap up again and blade 3. Public exposure of events like Winterclash and Bittercold rather than the X-Games, Dew Tour, and such. 4. To look at the cup half full than half empty. Yes we are a small group but things are progressing. For example, look at the development of all the new products that are coming out; i.e the Carbons, Valo Lights, M1 Trinity Wheels, etc. 5. More dogs at skate sessions
Top Five Moments while serving your Mission in South America
1. Falling through a makeshift bridge into the Amazon. Twice. 2. The opportunity to forget about myself for a little bit and focus on helping others 3. Disappearing into a puddle that ended up being 5 feet deep during a rain storm in the jungle 4. Hitch hiking under the stars in sheep trucks from village to village 5. Taking my wife back to the places I lived 4 years later
1. Backpacking 2. Trail running with my pup 3. Bike Riding 4. Exploring abandon buildings looking at their structural components and old architecture 5. Anything with just my wife and pup
Top Five Ways to Recover from Knee Surgery
1. Complete Physical Therapy 2. Ride a bike everywhere you go 3. Buy a good sized rubber ball to squeeze between your legs. 4. Powerblade when you get your stabilizer 5. Do a lot of one legged exercises and get big hamstrings
Top Five Words of Wisdom
1. Learn to take care of your body 2. The harder you work, the luckier you get 3. Preparation proceeds power 4. Surround yourself with those that make you do better than you do now 5. Bl8 or Die!
Billy Anderson - Topsoul transfer up a/o soul in SLC - photo: Andy Luke